dazuko-devel

Re: [Dazuko-devel] [xen-compile]Is there any patch for dazuko building o

From: John Ogness
Subject: Re: [Dazuko-devel] [xen-compile]Is there any patch for dazuko building on SLES10/11?
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 10:44:57 +0100

On 2010-11-15, errik <address@hidden> wrote:
> Actually, I am now planning to use the DazukoFS in a project that
> runs on SLES11. I am afraid we need to maintain the patch by self.

I'm sure there are other people using SLES that would also benefit
from such patches. I would encourage you to post any patches to this
mailing list.

> Some other questions:
> 1. Is DazukoFS new version compatible with old versions? For
> example, if DazukoFS 3.x.1 support 2.6.32 and 3.x.2 adds supports
> for 2.6.36, will 3.x.2 support 2.6.32?

Supporting multiple kernels is a lot of work. The old Dazuko 2.x code
did this. It was a mess, but it worked. For DazukoFS it was decided
that only the latest kernel at the time of the release would be
supported. If other versions should be supported, the idea was to
include patches in the release package to patch DazukoFS for other
versions.

>    2. How many bugs will be fixed in new version on an average? It
> seems only new kernel version support is added to new DazukoFS
> version.

The latest testing version (3.1.4-rc), which should be released soon,
includes several bugfixes and fairly major new features (such as mmap
write support).

http://dazuko.dnsalias.org/files/CHANGELOG-3.1.4-rc3

John Ogness

--