dazuko-help

Re: [Dazuko-help] compile problem

From: John Ogness
Subject: Re: [Dazuko-help] compile problem
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 19:13:56 +0200

Benjamin Adler wrote:
After all these troubles, I decided to try and convert my gentoo install to use udev instead of devfs. That went much better than I thought and an hour later, dazuko was working!

I am glad that you got it working at least.

I still think there are problems with using dazuko with devfs, but I don't really care anymore. If you would like to find/fix them, I'd of course be willing to go back to devfs (just a kernel parameter) and try some more patching or meet on irc.

I agree. I will do more investigation of this issue. It might help if you sent me your .config file.

Also, it seems the example_c program doesn't really catch close_modified events correctly. I configured dazuko with --enable-event-close-modified, but when I start

It seems that Dazuko for RSBAC doesn't generate ON_CLOSE_MODIFIED events. I will check to see if this is possible with RSBAC.

and an mkdir doesn't give any events at all. Why isn't there a CREATED or NEW event?

There are currently no hooks in Dazuko for mkdir calls. This may become available sometime in the future (particularly from the help of the new code that has been added to Dazuko for FreeBSD).

I was wondering... Your name does not sound german, but your email address sure does. I'm in northern germany, near Hamburg.

You are right. I am not german. I am American (born and raised in California). However, I am now living and working in southern Germany for a german company (H+BEDV Datentechnik GmbH).

John Ogness

--
Dazuko Maintainer