dazuko-help

[Dazuko-help] on_close_modified & other questions

From: Benjamin Adler
Subject: [Dazuko-help] on_close_modified & other questions
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 15:36:10 +0100

Hello John!

You once said that

> It seems that Dazuko for RSBAC doesn't generate ON_CLOSE_MODIFIED events. I
> will check to see if this is possible with RSBAC.

Two weeks ago at
http://savannah.nongnu.org/support/?func=detailitem&item_id=103486, you said
"It is on my TaskList". Woohoo! Could you please give a rough estimate on
when this might work?

> > and an mkdir doesn't give any events at all. Why isn't there a CREATED or
> > NEW event?
>
> There are currently no hooks in Dazuko for mkdir calls. This may become
> available sometime in the future (particularly from the help of the new
> code that has been added to Dazuko for FreeBSD).

When you port the FreeBSD-stuff to linux to make on_close_modified work, will
this automatically give us a NEW event?

Also, I have a problem with dazuko in 2.6.8.1-rsbac: After
dazukoSetAccessMask(DAZUKO_ON_OPEN | DAZUKO_ON_CLOSE |
DAZUKO_ON_CLOSE_MODIFIED | DAZUKO_ON_EXEC | DAZUKO_ON_UNLINK |
DAZUKO_ON_RMDIR)

$ touch /tmp/archive/foo/arbeitspfad.tif
doesn't fire any events, while

$ touch /tmp/archive/foo/foo_0010.tif
first fires DAZUKO_ON_OPEN and then DAZUKO_ON_CLOSE

ls -l /tmp/archive/foo/
shows both
-rw-r--r--  1 ben users  1810448 Oct 31 15:26 arbeitspfad.tif
-rw-r--r--  1 ben users 68628074 Oct 31 15:23 foo_0010.tif

Why does dazuko make a difference between these two files? When I rename
arbeitspfad.tif to newname.tif, start my app and then "touch newname.tif", it
suddenly works. Do you have an idea?

Thanks!
Benjamin Adler