dazuko-help

Re: [Dazuko-help] Fedora 8 and Dazuko

From: John Ogness
Subject: Re: [Dazuko-help] Fedora 8 and Dazuko
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2008 20:54:42 +0200

On 2008-04-03, bob J. <address@hidden> wrote:
> When I run 'make test' I get the following:
>
> message from address@hidden at ....
> kernel: Oops: 0003 [1] SMP
> message from address@hidden at ...
> kernel: CR2: ffffffff8127c7b0

This means that the kernel module is crashing. There are some known
issues about using syscall hooking with Linux 2.6:

http://dazuko.dnsalias.org/wiki/index.php/FAQ#The_command_.22insmod.22_produces_a_segmentation_fault_when_I_load_a_module_with_syscall_hooking_enabled.

http://dazuko.dnsalias.org/wiki/index.php/FAQ#The_Linux_2.6_kernel_crashes_in_the_change_page_attr.28.29_routine_when_I_load_a_module_with_syscall_hooking_enabled.

This would explain why the module is "in use" and cannot be removed.

As far as I know, the latest Fedora kernels don't allow syscall
hooking. I believe the only way to successfully install Dazuko on the
latest Fedora is to apply the Dazuko 2.3.5-pre1 kernel patch and build
a new kernel.

This can be found on the Dazuko Downloads page. The included README
provides more details about it.

(But if you are not comfortable building a Linux kernel, this may not
be an option for you.)

> I am not sure how to send a reply to a thread.

Usually mail clients have a "reply all" button, which will
automatically add all the appropriate addresses.

Another option is to do a reply, but manually change the recipient
address to be the mailing list.

(It is a good habit to always check the "To:" field (recipient) before
posting or answering on a mailing list. Make sure the email is going
where you want it go. ;)

Using "reply" or "reply all" is important because it preserves mail
reference information so that other people can easily track the
discussion.

John Ogness

--
Dazuko Maintainer