dazuko-help

Re: [Dazuko-help] Fedora 8 and Dazuko

From: John Ogness
Subject: Re: [Dazuko-help] Fedora 8 and Dazuko
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2008 08:37:26 +0200

On 2008-04-07, bob J. <address@hidden> wrote:
> Now the example works and the ./configure works. But when I try to
> insert the module I get the following

If you used the 2.3.5-pre1 patch, you don't need the module. Dazuko is
now statically built in to your kernel. You can verify this by
checking the boot messages:

$ dmesg | grep dazuko

You should see that Dazuko was loaded already.

> Also when I boot with the modified kernel I get fails on:
>
> selinux_registrer_security *there is already a secondary security module
> registered.
>
> Avahi daemon times out.

This is probably because the capability module needs to be loaded. In
your kernel there are now 3 security modules available:

  SElinux
  Dazuko
  Capability

Only 2 of them can be loaded. Since you need Dazuko and you seem to
need Capability, then you should disable SElinux. (If you also need
SElinux, then you have a problem.)

You can disable SElinux with the boot parameter "selinux=0" or you
could disable it via kernel configuration and build a new kernel.

John Ogness

--
Dazuko Maintainer