debian-sf-users

Re: [Debian-sf-users] Apt-get upgrade

From: Tim Uckun
Subject: Re: [Debian-sf-users] Apt-get upgrade
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 17:34:56 -0600

Ldap is useful for login shells. It essentially enable creation of login account without touching /etc/passwd and /etc/group
It also allow to manage unix right on file access for CVS.
You can not to use ldap desctivating then in local.inc, web part should work, but not FRS, FTP, SHELLS, CVS :(, though it's
probably possible to have this working without ldap.
Do SF3 also use Oracle as a Database?

SF3 does use oracle as a default but it can also work with postgres. They claim you get more features with oracle.

Maybe I could disable ldap. I don't use FTP or SHells or anything. I do make heavy use of CVS but I don't like the way SF creates a new CVSROOT for each project so I always create a project called coderepository and put all the code under one CVSROOT. I guess you still need ldap for :ext: cvsroots though.

:wq
Tim Uckun
US Investigations Services/Due Diligence
 http://www.diligence.com/