debian-sf-users

Re: [Debian-sf-users] Apt-get upgrade

From: Blake Girardot
Subject: Re: [Debian-sf-users] Apt-get upgrade
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2002 11:29:19 -0400

> I am sure the package itself has a problem with ldap.
> When I install it from scratch(delete all the packages
> related sourceforge including slapd, postgresql), it always fail.
> But if I upgrade from the existing working package (if
> there is a proper ldap entries already), it does not fail.
>
> You probably remember I spent much time installing it.. :-)
>
> Please try installing sourceforge from the beginning like
> installing woody from the scratch, you will see ldap fails always.
>
> Thanks very much...

i hate to just say "me too" but i can condure with this. i have done several
clean installs of woody and debian-sf and never gotten past the same ldap
problem.

i did take christian's advice at the time about running the ldap shell scrip
with the different options to clean it out, and none of it corrected that
problem.

i will be doing it again in light of christian's last mail about what user
it is that needs access, that helped me understand the problem a little
better.

but i never did get past that ldap issue.

cheers,
blake