debian-sf-users

[Debian-sf-users] SSH: Problems authenticating users

From: Manik Surtani
Subject: [Debian-sf-users] SSH: Problems authenticating users
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 11:56:30 +0100

Hi, all.

I have an issue with user authentication when trying to ssh into the SF box.

1)  I create a new user on the SF site ("testuser")

2)  I run /usr/lib/sourceforge/bin/update-user-group-cvs.sh

3)  I try and ssh into the box as 'testuser'.

4)  Running sshd in debug mode, I see the following error coming up:

debug1: PAM Password authentication for "testuser" failed[9]: Authentication service cannot retrieve authentication info.

Has anyone got any ideas as to what I am doing wrong? It would seem that ssh is not referring to nss-ldap for the auth info. Or perhaps nss-ldap isnt talking to PAM. (does this make sense, or am I talking out of my arse? I dont know much about ldap and pam... )

Help much appreciated!

Cheers,
--
Manik Surtani
Conchango

T 44 (0) 1784 221829
M 44 (0) 7786 702 706
E address@hidden

http://www.conchango.com

The information contained in this message is confidential and is
intended for the addressee only. If you have received this message in
error, please notify us as soon as possible. The unauthorised use,
disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is forbidden.

This message has been checked for all known viruses by the MessageLabs Virus
Control Centre.