debian-sf-users

Re: [Debian-sf-users] Sourceforge could not connect to database

From: Roland Mas
Subject: Re: [Debian-sf-users] Sourceforge could not connect to database
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 18:38:53 +0200

Aimé Thierry (2002-07-22 16:15:10 +0200) :

> Actually I try to install sourceforge 2.5-29 from the new stable 3.0
> debian distrib. All installation seems work well. but when I try to
> connect to the sourceforge server I obtain just this message :
> "Sourceforge Could Not Connect to Database:"
>
> the file /etc/sourceforge/database.in contains
> $sys_dbhost="orphee";
> $sys_dbname="sourceforge";
> $sys_dbuser="sourceforge";
> $sys_dbpasswd="adm";
> $sys_ldap_passwd="adm"
>
> I verify in postgres that :
> "sourceforge" database exist, "sourceforge" user exist with "adm"
> password.
>
> Where is the problem, somebody has an idea ?

No real idea, I'm afraid.  Can you connect with the psql client?  Try
$ psql -h orphee -U sourceforge sourceforge
and see what happens.  If it works (after asking for a password), then
the problem lies in SF configuration, otherwise it's in PostgreSQL
configuration (as installed by the SF package, probably).

Roland.
--
Roland Mas

/* Halley */ (Halley's comment.)