debian-sf-users

[Debian-sf-users] Our LDAP bug -- fixed?

From: Roland Mas
Subject: [Debian-sf-users] Our LDAP bug -- fixed?
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2002 20:14:15 +0200

Roland Mas (2002-07-24 18:36:34 +0200) :

[...]

>   I plan on spending tonight tracking down that bug and making sure
> things work all right.  I hope I'll be able to announce good news
> tomorrow, otherwise you all might have to wait until the weekend :-)

Well, it did have to wait, but I think I have been able to fix the
bug.  The bug arose from the confusion that was made between the DNs
that were involved in install-ldap.sh: the LDAP server root DN is not
necessarily the same as the one we want to use for Sourceforge.  Same
thing for passwords.

  So basically I partly rewrote install-ldap.sh, made it cleaner, and
(I hope) fixed the bug.  The fix has been committed to the 2.5 branch
in our CVS repository.  I'll port it to the 2.6 branch sometime soon
if it is wshown to be working.

  Since we seem to encounter disk space problems on the usual place
where I upload my experimental packages (people.debian.org), I have
not made the latest fixed package available directly.  You can build
it from CVS, though, if you take care to use '-r Branch_2_5' in your
'cvs update' or 'cvs checkout'.

  I'd appreciate testing and reporting, of course.  If it still
doesn't work, do not hesitate to mention it.

Roland.
--
Roland Mas

Just a little bit of you every day will surely keep the doctors away.
  -- Just a little bit of you (The Jackson Five)