demexp-dev

Re: [Demexp-dev] Account creation documented and some remarks

From: ketty .
Subject: Re: [Demexp-dev] Account creation documented and some remarks
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 18:41:49 +0200

On 10/15/06, Felix HENRY <address@hidden> wrote:
So I think it would be a shame if this simpliciy is hampered by the complexity of the account creation procedure. To me one should have:
-a single login/password for the server and for any client (drupal or other, or s/w client). Once again *the average user would not understand the double login*.
-I think any user, once he has got an account, should be able to use the drupal client or the s/w client as soon as his account is alive. There should be no such thing as a user with a server account but no drupal account.

I fully agree.

I know this can be difficult because at the moment this involves transmitting account info between drupal and the demexp server.

Do the drupal server really need to store account info related to password? Can't it just contact the demexp server when a user tries to login and let the demexp server do the password validation? Or is it hard to change the authetification behaviour of drupal?

Also this is a problem because account creation can be asked via drupal or to David directly. Why not make it easier and set up a new account request procedure, only via Drupal? The user no longer asks David directly, but instead does all the procedure on the drupal site, and this would be the only way to ask for a demexp account.

You don't do any identity verification or something do you David? Are you doing anything that could not be done automatically?