[Denemo-devel] Denemo in Fedora

From: Roy Rankin
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Denemo in Fedora
Date: Sat, 02 Aug 2008 16:39:27 +1000

I have been investigating what it would take to get Denemo included in the Fedora distribution, something which I am willing to drive.

In my investigation the following has come up.

1. The spec file I submitted violates quite a few of the MUST conditions of a Fedora spec file. I have resolved most of these issues in my local copy.

2. Installing include files - Why does Denemo install the .h files? Are they of any use to someone who runs Denemo. This issue arises because Fedora requires all .h files to be in a second RPM (denemo-devel). Currently I have put a work-around into the spec file not to include these files.

3. The file /usr/share/denemo/denemo.conf is a configuration file which can be changed for system wide configuration. The Filesystem Hierarchy Standard states that /usr is for read-only files and the Fedora standard states that configuration files should not be in /usr. I believe this file should be in /etc/denemo, however, this requires a coding change in Denemo.

Regards,
Roy Rankin