Re: [Denemo-devel] Denemo in Fedora

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Denemo in Fedora
Date: Sun, 03 Aug 2008 10:50:01 -0500

On Sun, 2008-08-03 at 20:50 +1000, Roy Rankin wrote:
> I saw a new source tar ball has been created on Savannah, which I think
> was generated by "make dist'. The tar ball does not include the include
> directory tree so a build using it fails.
>
> I see that install now puts denemo.conf and denemorc.xml in /etc/denemo,
> but  denemo built on the current git 0.7.9 branch does not look there
> for denemo.conf and I do not see that denemo ever tries to access
> denemorc.xml.

You are right about the denemorc.xml:

grep -r denemorc.xml *
ChangeLog:      added denemorc.xml po/Makefile.in denemo.conf
denemo.spec:%config(noreplace) %{_sysconfdir}/denemo/denemorc.xml
denemo.spec.in:%config(noreplace) %{_sysconfdir}/denemo/denemorc.xml
Makefile:dist_sysconf_DATA = denemo.conf denemorc.xml
Makefile.am:dist_sysconf_DATA = denemo.conf denemorc.xml
Makefile.in:dist_sysconf_DATA = denemo.conf denemorc.xml

There is nothing in src/ that it tells denemo to open this file. Looking
at the file itself it looks like the same file as denemo.conf. So I
guess it might as well be removed to reduce user confusion. I will
remove it after the release though because you will probably have to fix
the spec file again. Do you want a savannah account?

You are also correct in that denemo will not look for denemo.conf
in /etc/denemo because the function get_data_dir is used to find it. I
propose we create a new function like this that is used to locate
denemo.conf

const gchar *
get_conf_dir ()
{
  static gchar *confdir = NULL;
  if (confdir == NULL)
  {
#ifdef G_OS_WIN32
    gchar *rootdir = g_win32_get_package_installation_directory (NULL,
NULL);
    confdir = g_build_filename (rootdir, "etc", "denemo", NULL);
    g_free (rootdir);
#else /* not G_OS_WIN32 */
  datadir = gbr_find_etc_dir(SYSCONFDIR);
#endif /* not G_OS_WIN32 */
  }
  return confdir;
}

Richard, should I add this code function test and release again?

Jeremiah