Re: [Denemo-devel] Empty measures

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Empty measures
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2008 07:45:05 +0800

Richard,

I might possibly have an issue with this. Although I have been too busy working on Denemo to actually use it for real, in the past, I might be entering one part of a multipart score, encounter an issue more easily resolved in a editor, so I save the Lilypond output, edit it, then read it back in. If a whole measure rest has been inserted into the parts I have not entered yet, this means I will have to erase the rest before I can enter the notes.

Roy

On Tue Aug 5 19:41 , Richard Shann sent:

I've pushed a fix for empty measures, which previously output a skip in
LilyPond. Now they output a whole measure rest (for which there was no
Denemo construct). I've fixed the parser to read this back in.
If a skip is wanted, it can be done as a LilyPond insert - the rationale
is that a whole measure rest is overwhelmingly more common than a
measure with nothing printed in it.