Re: [Denemo-devel] Empty measures

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Empty measures
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2008 09:26:15 +0100

On Wed, 2008-08-06 at 07:45 +0800, address@hidden wrote:
> Richard,
>
> I might possibly have an issue with this. Although I have been too
> busy working on Denemo to actually use it for real, in the past, I
> might be entering one part of a multipart score, encounter an issue
> more easily resolved in a editor, so I save the Lilypond output, edit
> it, then read it back in. If a whole measure rest has been inserted
> into the parts I have not entered yet, this means I will have to erase
> the rest before I can enter the notes.
I have thought of this, the whole measure rest is parsed back in
from .ly as an empty measure, so you will be able to carry on as you are
at present.
But I would still welcome examples where you need to edit LilyPond and
would want to use a text editor, as the LilyPond window should be
developed to be useful for this sort of thing.