Re: [Denemo-devel] Transpose

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Transpose
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 11:35:43 +0100

On Mon, 2008-08-11 at 22:52 -0500, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> So in this instance the alias
I am not sure what you mean by alias here
> would point to a GValue containing what?
> the function name and its arguments?
>
> > GValue *value = g_malloc0(sizeof(GValue));
> >     g_value_init(value, G_TYPE_BOOLEAN);
> >     g_value_set_boolean(value,Denemo.gui->textview &&
> > GTK_WIDGET_VISIBLE(Denemo.gui->textwindow));
> >     g_object_set_property (G_OBJECT (widget), "active", value);
> >
> > though you wouldn't normally generate them on the heap.
The Swig tutorial you pointed me to only had examples with parameters
that were standard C types, and indeed to invoke a function with some
other type from the language would require some way of expressing the
value of a custom type in the scripting language. I guess this is not
available, but I am sure that once we have a basic (parameter-less)
setup established we can devise something to read out modify and write
back the values of things in Denemo. At which point this GValue stuff
might be handy for checking that the type of the parameters is what was
required by the called function.