Re: [Denemo-devel] Transpose

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Transpose
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 16:35:59 +0100

On Tue, 2008-08-12 at 10:01 -0500, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> Which option would you prefer. I am sure I can do option #1 very
> easily
Yes - it's just a lot of tedious cut and paste. And then a little bit of
writing printf's with lots of escaping of % characters etc.
> but I don't want ease to be a deciding factor. Which option do you
> think
> is the best for denemo?
doing both is best for denemo. The first is good because it improves the
code, even if we don't use the generated interface in the end. At the
moment some actions are listed in generate_source.c and some are listed
in view.c which is purely historical (to do with ones that were in menus
and ones that weren't, now they all are).
> Maybe later we can use both ideas. Statical list
> of menu items and additional dynamically generated if available.
Exactly, the second is very quick to do - just needs looking up the gtk
hash store functions (they are already in use in the keyboard stuff, in
fact the keyboard hash store is very nearly there, it has
GtkActionEntry* s stored in it rather than GtkAction* s, but now that
there is a single set of GtkActions for the whole program, this can be
changed, which gets rid of some switches (to do with whether it is a
GtkActionEntry or a GtkRadioActionEntry etc). But you do need an
understanding of some stuff to do this - I can do this quite quickly
when I get back.
But meanwhile, just the ability to call all the menu items will allow
you to write a script that would e.g.
goto start
measureright
measureright
SetMark
measureright
print excerpt

which would print a png of the n'th measure (depending on how many
measureRight calls the script made).