[Denemo-devel] From ipool on the wish list

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] From ipool on the wish list
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 15:17:13 +0100

>From ipool on the wish list
Thu, 09/18/2008 - 20:13

> I wish to transpose one instrument to a other key
> Ex:
> I have one Instrument in E-flat but I wish to write the Partition in
> b-flat first and then convert it to e-flat on the end.
> Actually I didn't fiend a function to manage this.

I will assume it is the printed output (via LilyPond) that you want to
appear transposed.
In this case, if you want just one part transposed and the others not
transposed you have two ways:
        1) At the start of the music insert the LilyPond directive "
"\transpose bes ees' {" and at the end insert "}"
This will tell LilyPond to transpose all the music, however you will
need to set the key signature to the transposed one yourself because it
is before the LilyPond insert you have created. (See
Other->InsertLilyPond for creating the inserts).

        2) Open up the LilyPond text window and click on the button "standard
scoreblock" and select "Create custom scoreblock"
In the custom scoreblock insert the transpose directive before the part
of the music you want to transpose, for example for Voice I in Movement
I you would put "\transpose bes ees'" before the music
\MvmntIVoiceIMusicVoice which would make the block look for this staff
look like this:

\new Staff << {
                \transpose bes ees' \MvmntIVoiceIMusicVoice
                }

You may need it in a different voice, of course, or even in a different
movement.