Re: [Denemo-devel] From ipool on the wish list

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] From ipool on the wish list
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 17:38:17 +0100

On Fri, 2008-09-19 at 15:17 +0100, Richard Shann wrote:
> I will assume it is the printed output (via LilyPond) that you want to
> appear transposed.
> In this case, if you want just one part transposed and the others not
> transposed you have two ways:
In fact there is a third way - perhaps the best. Again in the LilyPond
window, where the key signature for the Voice that you want to transpose
is defined, you insert the \transpose command of your choice; the line
looks like this:

MvmntIVoiceIKeySig = \transpose bes ees' \key c \major

after the insertion of "\transpose bes ees'".

This example has drawn my attention to the fact that there is a box in
the staff properties for a custom prolog (which is what we are creating
here) but it requires the whole prolog to be written in, which is no
longer practical, as the prolog has become too long. It should be
changed to be a prolog-insert, just an extra bit (like this transpose
command) to be inserted in the prolog - assuming there is a sensible
place to insert it. This will need looking at (sometime).