Re: [Denemo-devel] quick script to find lilypond version

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] quick script to find lilypond version
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2009 12:40:14 -0500

On Fri, 2009-03-06 at 17:43 +0000, Richard Shann wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-03-06 at 10:19 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> > lilypond --version | grep 'GNU LilyPond' | cut -c14-19
> >
> You wouldn't want to set up the pipes from inside Denemo, instead run
> lilypond --version
> capturing the stdout (or stderr whichever it is in) as done in print.c
> for getting the lilypond error messages and popping them up as
> infodialog.
> Then parse that captured stdout/err either crudely with sscanf (very
> sensitive to minor changes in lilypond output) or perhaps better with
> scheme's regexp stuff (see the new scripts for editing directives), or I
> think there may be some parser utilities in glib, or at least some
> string utilities to ease the pain...

I would like to use the stderr output and then use schemes regexp. I am
not sure how to use the scheme code within c. I think this is a
fascinating idea. Can you point me to an example? It think this will
also help me to improve importmidi functionality because then I don't
have to worry about doing things like checking to see if a new measure
needs to added and so on.