Re: MIDI (was Re: [Denemo-devel] Anacrusis script needed)

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: MIDI (was Re: [Denemo-devel] Anacrusis script needed)
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 07:50:38 -0500

On Wed, 16 Sep 2009 11:09:13 +0100
Richard Shann <address@hidden> wrote:

> > I commented out the assert in sync_callback and that stops the
> > crashing when used without gdb.
> hmm, I replaced the assert in sync_callback with
>       if(jack_client==NULL)
>               warn_from_jack_thread_context("no jack_client") ;
>
> but I never see this message and I am not getting crashes.
>
> What is this "transport" thing?

Jack transport is used to sync software timing. A user can sync it to
a multitude of things. Theoretically a user can user denemo and
xjadeo[1] to produce film scores. xjadeo is a simple video player that
is controlled via midi MTC or jack transport. When the user has
transport enabled in their denemo preferences all she has to do is
hit play and the video will start rolling. When you hit stop in
denemo the video stops playing. More development will be needed to make
this a good workflow for this particular type of user. I will have to
try it out sometime to find would could make it more useful for the
user to this type of work. I think directives could be used to cue sound
effects or something.

[1] http://xjadeo.sourceforge.net/