Re: [Denemo-devel] Problem getting MIDI games working

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Problem getting MIDI games working
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 15:02:58 -0500

On Oct 15, 2009, at 11:42 AM, Richard Shann <address@hidden> wrote:

On Thu, 2009-10-15 at 11:06 -0500, Jeremiah Benham wrote:

I think users may exit the game via closing the window or starting a
new
score. Then they would be confused as to why playback does not work.
Would it be better if immediate playback worked similar to items in
the
view menu (where if you hide a menu but that menu shows on next
startup
unless it was toggled off in preferences)?
This would still mean that running a game turned off the immediate
playback, which would puzzle users. Instead, we can fix it. Either we
prevent game players using anything other than a Quit button to finish
or better, we provide a command

(d-AttachQuitCallback "scheme")
which will cause "scheme" to be executed on closing the current
movement.
If the game is used to quit then it will detach the callback before it
finishes

(d-DetachQuitCallback)

and executing "scheme" to restore immediateplayback, as described in my
ema

I assume we will do this for next release?

This needs to go in some [[Category::Design Notes]] on our website
under the todo list http://denemo.org/index.php/Todo-List.
BTW is the feature list up to date for your work for the upcoming
release on that list? That is where the release notes will come from.

No. I wok fix that.