Re: [Denemo-devel] Windows audio driver

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Windows audio driver
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 12:31:35 +0000

On Sun, 2009-12-13 at 09:53 +0000, alex stone wrote:

> When i open denemo with an existing file (i.e. $ denemo
> /home/alex/test1.denemo), the previously named and saved ports with
> the project are renamed back to default

there is no such thing as a denemo "project". The ports and devices are
set up in preferences, which means that they belong to the user, not to
any piece of music. Specifically they are not saved in a .denemo file.
I think I detect a serious design flaw here - I looked back over the
emails a couple of days ago to try and understand what you guys are
trying to do with this stuff. The idea seemed to be that a set of
"devices" and "ports" would be created by the user in his preferences.
Then when the user created a piece of music he would associate a staff
with some of the names he uses.
These properties of a staff are (or should be) saved with the .denemo
file.
What you would like to happen if on loading a .denemo file a staff has a
reference to a (device/port) that is not in the current prefs I don't
know. And what jack calls are associated with a given set of prefs and
when they should be made I don't know. And what jack calls are
associated with any device/port thingy attached to a staff I don't know.