Re: [Denemo-devel] Windows audio driver

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Windows audio driver
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 16:13:06 +0000

On Sun, 2009-12-13 at 13:10 +0000, alex stone wrote:
> Richard,  i see where you're going with this.
>
> The user creates an "industrial grade" preference list of devices and
> ports at a global level.
> At project level, the user then picks and chooses which ports he
> wishes to use per staff, and saves that project. The next time the
> project is open it remembers which ports it wants and only uses those,
what is the nature of the "uses"? When the .denemo file is loaded, if a
staff has a port/device name field filled in what Jack interaction
should take place?
And what should happen if the staff's port/device name field is
un-related to anything that has been found in the user's prefs? (As
would happen if you had created a file and sent it to me, unless we had
both previously agreed on our prefs for devices/ports).

If you want to create a "project" then you would need to save the
device/port information along with the music; but then when you loaded a
new piece of music you would have the devices all coming and going
again.

> but at global level, all ports are "running" and available at all
I assume "running" does not imply anything has been done at all - these
ports are just a list of names that has been read from denemorc - ie the
prefs. Period.
If that is wrong, and the world outside is expecting to have some
knowledge (via jack) of the existence of this prefs data please say.