Re: [Denemo-devel] Copyrigth of the fonts?

From: Josue Abarca
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Copyrigth of the fonts?
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 10:25:52 -0600

On Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 07:50:16AM -0500, Jeremiah Benham wrote:

> On Apr 10, 2010, at 5:32 AM, Roy Rankin <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> >For Fedora I investigated the license for the denemo.ttf. I went
> >to Robert Allgeyer's site
> >http://www.fontspace.com/robert-allgeyer/musisync. From memory, I
> >read the statement that any of his fonts under the Free public
> >license should now be considered to be under the OFL license. I
> >then asked that the LICENSE_OFL.txt file be added to Denemo to
> >meet the Fedora licensing standards.
>
> Ok, I guess this means I will have to repackage this. I will wait
> until the licensing of both fonts are included.
>
> Jeremiah

Thank you all for the information,
(Nils, Roy, Jeremiah, Richard, Pietro)

After reading your mails and have looked in:
lilypond-2.12.3/COPYING ,
lilypond-2.12.3/mf/*
and
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/Documentation/topdocs/AUTHORS

I have found that:

Fetta.ttf was derived from lilypond's font, and is copyright

(c) 1997--2009 Jan Nieuwenhuizen <address@hidden>
(c) 1997--2009 Han-Wen Nienhuys <address@hidden>
(c) 1998--2009 Mats Bengtsson <address@hidden>,
(c) 2000--2009 Juergen Reuter <address@hidden>
(c) 1998--2009 Christian Mondrup <address@hidden>

and is released under the terms of the GNU General Public License as
published by the Free Software Foundation, version 2.

with the following exception:

- If you create a document which uses fonts included in LilyPond, and
embed this font or unaltered portions of this font into the document,
then this font does not by itself cause the resulting document to be
covered by the GNU General Public License. This exception does not
however invalidate any other reasons why the document might be covered
by the GNU General Public License. If you modify this font, you may
extend this exception to your version of the font, but you are not
obligated to do so. If you do not wish to do so, delete this exception
statement from your version.

Please, could you add this information (and the information about
Denemo.ttf) to the AUTHORS file (or to README)?.

I am sending you a patch with these chages.

Cheers o/.

--
Josué M. Abarca S.
Vos mereces Software Libre.