[Denemo-devel] Feature branches ...

From: Ralf Mattes
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Feature branches ...
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 16:08:52 +0000 (UTC)

Just occured to me that the ML might be a better place to for announcements.
I just (yesterday) created two feature branches on Git:

* feature-guile-loadpath
  Implements additions/modifications to Guile's %load-path to ease migration
  to guile modules (instead of one huge denemo.scm file).
  As briefly explained in the branch's README  $(data-dir)/modules gets puhed to
  Guile's %load-path (I'm tempted to change this to $(data-dir)/scm/modules,
  any opinions?).
  It's also possible to extend denemo's Guile load-path by means of setting
  the environment variable DENEMO_LOAD_PATH (to a list of colon-separated
  directory names).
  This implementaion makes use of binreloc et. al.

* feature-captain-hook
  A first stab at implementing hooks. Many ideas copied/snarfed from
  Guile's hooks, but our implementation provides return value semantics
  (as in guile's "or" hooks) also from the C side (might we also need
  an equivalent of guile's "and" hooks at some time?).
  Naming is anything but stable/decided on ....

  Careful: lazzy me decided to use guile-snarf - fine, but that means we
  have build source. You need to run 'make all' or equiv. to (re)generate
  these. Since we had to change src/Makefile.am a call to autoreconf would
  be useful as well ;-)

Cheers, Ralf Mattes

P.S.: please pull'n test