Re: [Denemo-devel] Checking for wrong enharmonics (e.g C# for Db)

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Checking for wrong enharmonics (e.g C# for Db)
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 09:40:29 +0100

On Mon, 2011-07-11 at 15:30 -0400, address@hidden wrote:
> I wonder what tweaks you've done to the Rebar script.  A while ago I
> added
> support for breve and longa, but was waiting for a build of denemo so
> could check that the script was bug-free.  The windows version at
> least
> had a problem with GetUserInput for a long time and so I held off on
> releasing it.  If Nils posts a new in-between release with that
> problem
> fixed, I will attempt to push the updated script to git (as long as
> it's
> reasonably reliable).  Hopefully your fixes/additions will merge
> seamlessly with that.  I think my newest version supports Upbeat
> syntax in
> addition to Anacrusis as well.

With the new upbeat command ReBar can just read the duration, rather
than expecting a particular named tag as the Upbeat marker is given a
duration (so Denemo knows that the measure is complete). I have also put
in some return value I think (ie setting a global ReBar::return) and
using the parameter ReBar::params to decide if to be interactive. I
think there is still a place where it exits via an error (reading #f for
a duration) rather than setting ReBar::return #f. It may be that the
Breve stuff just works because of the duration stuff, or it may need
tweaking. I don't think it will merge without human intervention :( But
it won't be rocket science.