Re: [Denemo-devel] 1) percussion clef 2) playback markers

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] 1) percussion clef 2) playback markers
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 09:19:30 +0100

On Tue, 2011-10-25 at 14:56 -0400, Bric wrote:
> I used to be able to set the clef to percussion, and then have it render
> percussion midi audio correctly ).  The new 0.9.3 still correctly renders the
> old files I created with 0.9.1 (both audio and visual), but I can't  figure
> out
> how to create new percussion staffs with 0.9.3
Clefs->Clef Chooser

> When I right-click on an existing clef, then left-click on "Edit Clef
> Directives", nothing happens.
That is because you are clicking on a clef that has no directives
attached to it. It should of course not offer you this in that case.
>  The "Initial Clef" dialogue box doesn't have
> percussion clef as one of the options.
This menu is obsolete (sorry) use Clef Chooser

> Also, I wish there were a simple, intuitive way to set the playback markers at
> cursor (both beginning and end).  Right now it seems monstrously tedious (as
> in,
> "Dude, i should position my cursor, and set the marker, in one click.")
It is two clicks at present. (You found that?)
The set start playback marker to cursor command is currently not in the
menu system unfortunately => a line of scheme needed.