Re: [Denemo-devel] tablature status (August 2012)

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] tablature status (August 2012)
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2012 19:49:05 +0200

Good to know that 0.9.4 would support it somehow.
hmm, I see I gave the impression this was new in 0.9.4, but actually you
can do this sort of thing in versions going back much further. What is
new in 0.9.6 is that you can have several different score layouts kept
with your music, which don't need updating when you correct the music.
And you can create many sorts of layouts without getting geeky with
LilyPond.

Ok, I see. I'll give it a try

My problem now is that I cannot compile Denemo without breaking other
programs.
I decided not to use 'apt-get build-dep denemo' because it wanted to
replace jack2 with jack. And I use some programs which depend on jack2:
ardour and stretchplayer, for example.
So I tried installing dependencies one by one, following the warnings of
configure. And I had to stop when installing libfluidsynth-dev, because
again it wanted to replace jack2 with jack.

I'm stuck here.
Unfortunately even Debian sid doesn't have 0.9.4 yet:

I think that is probably my fault for not alerting the Debian packager
about 0.9.4, partly because I knew 0.9.6 was coming hot on its heels.
It sounds like this dependency problem is one between fluidsynth and
jack? Not one we can do anything about in Denemo?

Wait, I've found a workaround.
If you look at libfluidsynth-dev dependencies:

Depends: libasound2-dev, libfluidsynth1 (= 1.1.5-2), libglib2.0-dev (>= 2.6.5), libjack-dev | libjack-jackd2-dev, libncurses5-dev | libncurses-dev, libpulse-dev, libreadline-dev (>= 5),
         libsndfile-dev

jackd/jackd2 is optional choice.
By default Apt installs libjackd-dev.
So just install libjack-jackd2-dev first, then you can install libfluidsynth-dev without removing any other programs.

I've just found all the missing dependencies and I'm running make.

Here's the list:

libevince-dev libgtksourceview-3.0-dev libjack-jackd2-dev libfluidsynth-dev portaudio19-dev libportmidi-dev