[Denemo-devel] [bug #36975] Right clicking to edit objects in 0.9.5

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] [bug #36975] Right clicking to edit objects in 0.9.5
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 08:55:33 +0000

Follow-up Comment #3, bug #36975 (project denemo):

1) yes, I think so. The idea of separate edit scripts may be redundant, since
I in most cases the command scripts can be made self-editing. The ones that
exist are very old.
2) Yes, RehearsalMark needs updating - it is broken now that we are displaying
the print view using the evince widget. Before we had complete control over
the display and you could actually drag a rehearsal mark to position it in the
final print out. That is broken, and may not get revived. Meanwhile the script
should be fixed, I am sure it could be self-editing too.
3) Unknown Tag should never be seen - in the early days there were no tags,
but no script should generate such a thing.
4) If  you make the tag of the DenemoDirective the same as the command name
then the command will be self-editing. Your command script should then check
for the existence of the DenemoDirective with that tag and do the editing
action you want otherwise do whatever it does at present.
5)This needs upgrading to self-edit too. In fact I think this is a one-liner
using the scripting stuff that Nils created (e.g. Breath Mark).  I have been
wanting for some time to make it offer Above and Below as options (perhaps,
bold and italic...) but I need to get round to upgrading the option fetching
command as it is horribly kludgy, and I've been reluctant to create more stuff
that will need upgrading when that is done.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?36975>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/