Re: [Denemo-devel] Binary for GNU/Linux (was Re: Setting X-offset and Y-

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Binary for GNU/Linux (was Re: Setting X-offset and Y-offset graphically.)
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 19:20:06 +0100

On Mon, 2013-04-22 at 12:23 -0500, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> > > I just created a new one snapshot for linux. I disabled portaudio
> support
> > So to make it play music you would need to do what? Or does it still
> > play out-of-the-box? Or not at all?
>
> Well not at all. Have you ever heard audio playback work correctly
> from the gub linux binary?
Yes, I have one in my home directory that plays as I play in via the
MIDI controller. It has no fonts, but otherwise seems to be going. I
guess it is from January 2013 as I have this binary downloaded:
denemo-1.0.0.~rc.7-4.linux-x86

> It would crash denemo at times on startup and at times wh4n opening or
> saving preferences. I don't know what to do about it right now. Would
> it be better to write an alsa audio backend. I dont know.
no, surely not.
>  Maybe there needs to be code into denemo that protects it from
> crashing if portaudio is not working properly.
It is pretty extraordinary, as the Mac binary worked perfectly on that
Mac I got access to a while back and that is another linux version. I
cannot run your new one at all, wrong elf class
(denemo:24972): Gtk-WARNING
**: /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/engines/libclearlooks.so: wrong ELF class:
ELFCLASS64
and so on until
GThread-ERROR **:
file
/home/jjbenham/src/gub/target/linux-x86/src/glib-2.21.5/gthread/gthread-posix.c:
 line 253 (g_cond_timed_wait_posix_impl): error 'Operation not permitted'
during 'pthread_cond_timedwait'
aborting...
Trace/breakpoint trap