Re: [Denemo-devel] Denemo warnings and code cleanup

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Denemo warnings and code cleanup
Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 14:27:49 +0100

On Fri, 2013-05-17 at 14:11 +0200, Éloi Rivard wrote:
> In keymapio.c:58 create_command is called when the tooltip tag is
> added. Is there (still?) a reason to keep it there and force tooltip
> being the last tag, or can put it out of the loop ?

I cannot see a reason why it was  ever inside the loop. It makes it
dependent on the order in the xml file, which is commented on in the
code as being a bad thing (that is my comment).
The things to check are that a user can create a new command, can load a
command that is not in the default set, can save a command set with
additional commands and can load a command set. When a user has created
a command this should appear in the menu straight away, even if the user
has decided not to include it in their default commands.
There is a flag to indicate that the command set has been modified, but
this was partially deactivated by someone a few years ago and I haven't
got round to re-activating it; I am not sure what the current situation
is with it. (It will be a field in the singleton object DenemoRoot
Denemo; which contains all globals.)

Richard