Re: [Denemo-devel] Denemo is too hard to install

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Denemo is too hard to install
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2014 00:26:30 -0600

On Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 11:01:28PM +0100, Martin Larsson wrote:

> >> Thanks for the link. Unfortunately, when firing up the included
> >> Denemo.app, it just bounces a couple of times in my dock and then closes
> >> itself.
> >
> > What kind of mac do you have? It is not ppc is it? We are only supporting
> > the intel based macs. The above link uses gtk3. Here is another build that
> > uses gtk2:
> >
> > http://denemo.org/~jjbenham/gub/uploads/denemo-1.1.0-0.darwin-x86.tar.bz2
>
> I have a MacBook Pro from 2012 and I run OS X 10.9.
>

> > If it the icon just bounces try it again in a few minutes. I am not sure
> > why this happens. I believe it has something to do with the audio. I
> > noticed this happens sometimes if I dont have a soundcard or if midi
> > controller pluged in. With only a soundcard it happens less. When i have
> > both soundcard and midi controller it seems to have worked every time
> > tested. I may be wrong about this though. If after a few tries and it does
> > not work execute this at the command line:
> >
> > ##############################
> >
> > cd Denemo.app/Contents/MacOS
> > ./denemo.sh
> >
> > ##############################
> > You will have to navigate to where the Denemo.app is located. So if it is
> > on the desktop:
> > cd ~/Desktop/Denemo.app/Contents/MacOS
> >
> > Then can you please paste any errors into an email.
>
> That operation yields the following output:
>
> /Users/Martin/Library/Fonts: caching, new cache contents: 27 fonts, 1 dirs
> /Users/Martin/Library/Fonts/truetype: caching, new cache contents: 0 fonts, 1
> dirs
> /Users/Martin/Library/Fonts/truetype/denemo: caching, new cache contents: 3
> fonts, 0 dirs
> /Users/Martin/.lilypond-fonts.cache-2: cleaning cache directory
> /usr/var/cache/fontconfig: not cleaning non-existent cache directory
> /Users/Martin/.fontconfig: cleaning cache directory
> /Applications/Denemo.app/Contents/MacOS/../Resources/bin/fc-cache: succeeded
> dyld: Symbol not found: _xmlBufContent
>   Referenced from: /usr/lib/libxslt.1.dylib
>   Expected in:
> /Applications/Denemo.app/Contents/MacOS/../Resources/bin/../lib//libxml2.2.dylib
>  in /usr/lib/libxslt.1.dylib
> ./denemo.sh: line 36:   900 Trace/BPT trap: 5       $PREFIX/bin/denemo

Thank you for this feedback. We need more of this to help polish denemo on this
platform. I only have access to Mac's running 10.6.8.

I think I know what this error means. It looks like it is using your systems
/usr/lib/libxslt.1.dylib because libxslt.1.dylib is not present in the MACH-O
bundle. If you copy this file:
http://denemo.org/~jjbenham/gub/target/darwin-x86/root/usr/lib/libxslt.1.dylib

Place that file in Denemo.app/Contents/Resources/lib/ and see if you get the
smae error.

Thanks,
Jeremiah