Re: [Denemo-devel] The thumbnailer

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] The thumbnailer
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2014 08:59:14 +0000

On Fri, 2014-01-17 at 15:56 +0100, Éloi Rivard wrote:

> I fixed the thumbnailer, and created a test to prevent future
> regressions. Can you please test ?

I think the code may be working now, but the tooltip for the command
d-CreateThumbnail is now out of date and the result is inelegant. You
added an extra parameter to the command and bumped up the number of
required parameters. The old tooltip was this:

"Creates a thumbnail for the current score. With no argument it waits
for the thumbnail to complete, freezing any display. With #t it
generates the thumbnail asynchrously. It does not report on completion".

and there were no required parameters. If you create a thumbnail
interactively (see the Score->Set Thumbnail from Selection command) then
the thumb nailerruns asynchronously, (it was being invoked with no
parameters, so I changed this to pass #f and altered the callback to
test for that). I think this is all working, though I haven't quite
followed how the extra parameter is being used: when called
non-interactively the thumbnailer must work synchronously while when it
is called interactively it must be asynchronous. I suspect we just need
one parameter, either #f or a path.