Re: [Denemo-devel] duration, rhythm, metronome, etc., for MIDI-input?

From: Bric
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] duration, rhythm, metronome, etc., for MIDI-input?
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 09:18:23 -0500

On 01/30/2014 06:10 AM, Richard Shann wrote:
On Thu, 2014-01-30 at 06:02 -0500, Bric wrote:
I am using 1.0.9.  Can one control note duration while entering over
MIDI-keyboard more easily than by explicitly switching duration with PC
keyboard, every time note duration should change?

Another way of asking is, can denemo act as a "midi sequencer", where
you enter notes by actually "performing" them rhythmically, in real
time, over a metronome pulse, and the sequencer figures out where to
place each note, and estimates its duration, with respect to the given
metronome pulse? (I guess with some quantizing happening, at some point,
eventually)
upgrade to 1.1.2

:-(( can't compile stable 1.1.2 (yet) :

make[2]: Entering directory `/src/git/denemo_1.1/denemo/libsffile'
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `fskip.c', needed by `libsffile_a-fskip.o'. Stop.

any ideas?