Re: [Denemo-devel] duration, rhythm, metronome, etc., for MIDI-input?

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] duration, rhythm, metronome, etc., for MIDI-input?
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 14:36:28 +0000

On Fri, 2014-01-31 at 09:18 -0500, Bric wrote:
> On 01/30/2014 06:10 AM, Richard Shann wrote:
> > On Thu, 2014-01-30 at 06:02 -0500, Bric wrote:
> >> I am using 1.0.9.  Can one control note duration while entering over
> >> MIDI-keyboard more easily than by explicitly switching duration with PC
> >> keyboard, every time note duration should change?
> >>
> >> Another way of asking is, can denemo act as a "midi sequencer", where
> >> you enter notes by actually "performing" them rhythmically, in real
> >> time, over a metronome pulse, and the sequencer figures out where to
> >> place each note, and estimates its duration, with respect to the given
> >> metronome pulse? (I guess with some quantizing happening, at some point,
> >> eventually)
> > upgrade to 1.1.2
>
> :-(( can't compile stable 1.1.2 (yet) :
>

> make[2]: Entering directory `/src/git/denemo_1.1/denemo/libsffile'
> make[2]: *** No rule to make target `fskip.c', needed by
> `libsffile_a-fskip.o'.  Stop.
>
> any ideas?

I see fskip.c in

ls libs/libsffile/
fskip.c  itypes.h  Makefile.am  Makefile.in  malloc.c  README  sffile.c
sffile.h  sf_util.h

Is this the same for you?
Are you building from a .tar.gz file or from git? I have just build from
the http://denemo.org/downloads/denemo-1.1.2.tar.gz tar ball, and it
worked correctly. If I cd into libsffile and remove libsffile_a-fskip.o
and do make it recreates it.
I guess your config.log file will have a clue ...