Re: [Denemo-devel] Lyrics Font Control

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Lyrics Font Control
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2014 10:39:49 +0100

On Thu, 2014-08-21 at 02:29 -0700, Lee Nelson wrote:
> That's actually a variation of what I've been doing, except I edit the
> LilyPond and put the same types of commands in front of where the
> macros containing the verses are expanded in the layout section. When
> putting the font commands as you suggest in verses themselves,
> everything typesets correctly but in Denemo those commands show up as
> lyrics pushing the legitimate lyrics ahead of where they are supposed
> to be.
Denemo skips over \override stuff when placing the lyrics in the display
- I can't get it to make a mistake like you describe (the backslash must
be preceded by whitespace, I put them on a separate line as you can now
re-size the lyric pane this is easiest.)
Can you send a sample file if your problem persists? Or is it just that
you didn't check with newer versions - (though I thought the
skip-over-lilypond-syntax feature was there for quite a while, I can't
remember when I put it in ...)

BTW if you can use the latest sources (1.1.9) the lyrics pane resizes
after being hidden better.
Also, please do "Group Reply" as others may wish to follow the thread.
Thanks,
Richard