Re: [Denemo-devel] "hairpins" for crescendo and decrescendo and tempo ch

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] "hairpins" for crescendo and decrescendo and tempo changes
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2014 21:49:18 +0100

On Sat, 2014-10-11 at 16:41 -0400, Ellen Schwindt wrote:
> Hello Denemo friends,
>    Is it possible to end a crescendo or diminuendo without attaching
> it to a note? I want to write opposing hairpins without their middles
> (the loudest point in the music) being exactly on a note.
yes - you use a separate staff for dynamics Staff->Add Staff->Add Staff
for Dynamics
The notes on this staff don't print, just the dynamics, you can leave it
empty except for measures where you want dynamics which you position
using suitable note lengths.
There is an example (Open->Open Example ... CrescendoHalfWay.denemo)

> I'd also like to know how to put a note equation into the space above
> a staff: e.g. quarter note equals eighth note.

Directives->Markings->Tempi & Metronome Marks ... Beat Change

Richard