Re: [Denemo-devel] Darwin externals

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Darwin externals
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2015 08:12:11 +0000

On Tue, 2015-11-17 at 21:02 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:

> I was also thinking that the preferences dialog would be nicer if we
> did not have an ok and cancel buttons. We could use the callback of
> the widget to do the same thing. Then each change to the widget would
> take into effect immediately. I think this fits in more with the gnome
> style and seems more modern interface.

I think you would run into problems - you couldn't make more than one
change without returning to the Edit Menu and choosing the preferences
dialog. And range changes would close the dialog at every increment.
But the OK and Cancel buttons have caused problems in the past for
people with small screens, being off the bottom of the screen...