Re: [Denemo-devel] Denemo crash

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Denemo crash
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2017 09:09:45 +0000

On Tue, 2017-02-07 at 23:40 +0100, Andreas Schneider wrote:
> > is that a parameter to the configure script? That might well turn
> off
> > the optimizer too.
>
> Yes, I meant an additional parameter to the configure script

So it probably turned off the optimizer, which then perturbed the code
generation, which then (fortuitously) worked.

The plain ./configure without the --enable-debug option is what you need
- it generates the debug information and uses the default optimization.

 You just need to use the binary before the symbols are stripped.
It should then behave exactly as the stripped executable, but when it
crashes you will get better information about where it was when it
crashed and will be able to set breakpoints.

But first, check that voices can have lyrics typeset on them since if
not we have a version-confusion problem.