Re: [Denemo-devel] Denemo crash

From: Andreas Schneider
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Denemo crash
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2017 08:50:42 +0100

Am 08.02.2017 um 10:09 schrieb Richard Shann:
> On Tue, 2017-02-07 at 23:40 +0100, Andreas Schneider wrote:
>>> is that a parameter to the configure script? That might well turn
>> off
>>> the optimizer too.
>>
>> Yes, I meant an additional parameter to the configure script
>
> So it probably turned off the optimizer, which then perturbed the code
> generation, which then (fortuitously) worked.
>
> The plain ./configure without the --enable-debug option is what you need
> - it generates the debug information and uses the default optimization.
>
>  You just need to use the binary before the symbols are stripped.
> It should then behave exactly as the stripped executable, but when it
> crashes you will get better information about where it was when it
> crashed and will be able to set breakpoints.
>
> But first, check that voices can have lyrics typeset on them since if
> not we have a version-confusion problem.

I did this check and saw that the debugging version did typeset the
second lyrics line, but the crashing version did not typeset the second
lyrics line. Looking closer I saw that by mistake I had installed the
2.0.19 package still lurking around instead of the 2.0.21 package that I
had just built. After installing the correct package, everything works
fine. I'm very sorry for the noise, mea culpa.

Andreas