[dev-serveez] Re: [Serveez-discuss] Time to think.

From: Raimund 'Raimi' Jacob
Subject: [dev-serveez] Re: [Serveez-discuss] Time to think.
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 23:58:07 +0100 (MET)

On Tue, 6 Feb 2001, Martin Grabmueller wrote:

Hello!

I think i mostly agree with mgrabmue:

>  * document icmp protocol (tunnel server)
>  * switch to guile, drop sizzle
   * make port config more detailed
   * seperate port configs from servers
>  * make serveez embeddable
>  * write embedding manual
>  * implement dynamic server loading capabilities (partly prepared)
>  * write a "heavy load coserver" for testing purposes and as example
>    coserver (like the foo-server we should have a foo-coserver)
>  * make protocol detection limits / timeouts configurable
>  * implement a dns client
>  * support for raw sockets
>  * write an inetd for serveez (first dynamic loading server ?)
>  * support for ipv6

For the switch to guile the middle version number should be bounced, so
that serveez 0.1.0 is the first guile version. the change is signifficant
enough to reflect in the version.

I'll try to find docs on ipv6. i think the programming schema will be
basically the same (at least for streams and datagrams). AF_INET is
AF_INET6 and the structs will become larger, i think. mmh... gotta
recompile my kernel to include ipv6. i wonder how many applications using
it are there...

bye for now

 _  __
| )  |                                "What do you get if you   *    **  |
|\aimund                               multiply 6 by 9?"        * *    * |
   _/acob                                                        *  *** O

             **** Remember: 21 is just half the truth ****