Re: [dev-serveez] sparc32 build

From: stefan
Subject: Re: [dev-serveez] sparc32 build
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 17:22:10 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 28 Dec 2001, Raimund 'Raimi' Jacob wrote:

> it works! the sys/resource.h bug was due to /usr/src/linux being some
> ancient devel-kernel (2.3.x). i changed it to 2.2.20. btw: 3 hours, 30
> minutes to compile linux 2.2.20 on a 25 Mhz sparc :-)

Lucky we were.

> serveez can be compiled and the binary/library work. ela did some tweaking
> so that the SMOB things work with the old guile.
>
> however, testing the guile echo server revealed a bug: the
> "find-the-scheme-method" magic fails to find methods identified by its
> name: "No such procedure". howver, supplying the method itself does
> work.
>
> not-working:
> (define-servertype! '( ... (detect-proto . echo-detect-proto) ... ))
>
> working:
> (define-servertype! `( ... (detect-proto . ,echo-detect-proto) ... ))
>
> we dont know where that comes from yet. mgrabmue: anything obvious?

It seems like gh_lookup() works different in Guile 1.3 and later versions.
A `SCM_PROCEDUREP (proc)' on the `working' example always works.  The
`not-working' example is due to failure of `gh_lookup (string)'.

MGrabMue: Do you know anything about it?

BTW: I tested the current CVS (checked in some more compatibility code)
with Guile 1.3 and the Madel-Server.  Works fine on my Linux box.  Raimi:
Can you recheck this (unquoting the procedures in mandel-server.scm for
now) ?

Thanks in advance,
        address@hidden