Re: [dev-serveez] progress to serveez-0.2

From: Julian Graham
Subject: Re: [dev-serveez] progress to serveez-0.2
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2011 18:27:06 -0400

Hey Mike,

Thanks for working on this!

> Also, I've got a hacked build up and running with Guile-2.0, but,
> I haven't flowed the Guile-2.0 support back to the next branch
> of the mainline Serveez. In the process of testing out the hacked build,
> I got distracted writing a webservice, and that's where my hacking has
> been for the past couple of months.

Truth be told, my motivation in writing is that I've gotten pretty
deep into a Guile-2.0 application server of sorts -- for which I'd
really like to use Serveez -- and can't wait to get ahold of a
compatible build of Serveez.

On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 4:17 PM, Mike Gran <address@hidden> wrote:
> But the only actual barrier to me submitting a Guile-2.0
> patchset is laziness and deciding what we're going to do
> about binary blob types when compiling Serveez in the presence
> of Guile-2.0.

Well, like I've said, I don't know much about Serveez.  But if the
goal is to support both Guile 1.8.x and Guile 2.0.x (is it?) then
wouldn't you want to preserve the existing binary type, since
bytevectors are a 2.0.x-only feature?  The conversion approach you
suggested at the end of your earlier email [0] seems reasonable in the
abstract.

Regards,
Julian

[0] - https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/dev-serveez/2011-08/msg00001.html