devel-panorama

Re: Relevant GNU software?

From: Hugh Sasse Staff Elec Eng
Subject: Re: Relevant GNU software?
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 12:36:33 +0100 (BST)

On Mon, 16 Oct 2000, Angel Jimenez wrote:

> It might overlap in the future, but I don't think it does now...
>
>  It's a whole different philosophy. I assume (cannot take a look at it now)
        [...]
>  Panorama is not OpenGL-based. It could use it, but as a tool for the GUI. I
> think we shouldn't try to compete with that kind of projects. There are many
> of them (and some of them under GPL or similar), and they are all faster
        [...]
I was thinking less of conpetition, more of this being an opportunity
to look at different methods, and see if there is anything we like.  If
nothing is found, so be it.  This is in the context of recent
brainstorming on Panorama.  I was certainly not implying there is anything
wrong with what we have at the moment.
        Hugh
        address@hidden