directory-discuss

[directory-discuss] Threading when posting via remailer (was: Antifeatur

From: Nomen Nescio
Subject: [directory-discuss] Threading when posting via remailer (was: Antifeatures: Why GNU Radio needs..)
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2017 21:09:38 +0100 (CET)

Eric Wong said:

> For what it's worth, you can grab the raw mbox files from
> ftp://lists.gnu.org/directory-discuss to import into your mail
> client and reply to for a proper In-Reply-To (or References) header
> necessary for threading.

Yeah, indeed I tried that earlier on.  Tor users who attempt to
download the mbox get:

  "425 Security: Bad IP connecting."

I was surprised that the threading is correct when the subject line
matches, and wondered if the mailing list tool is deriving the
references, or if a moderator was doing some manual labor.

> It looks like the HTML source from that link you posted also shows
> the Message-Id as "X-Message-Id" in the comment, which you can use
> for the In-Reply-To.  I wish the HTML would show that Message-ID in
> the rendered page...

Ah, I didn't know the HTML source had it.  I'm trying that for this
message.  Hopefully the mixmaster network doesn't strip it.  I've
changed the subject to see how it goes.

--
Please note this was sent anonymously, so my address will be unusable.