Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio 0.3 Released

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio 0.3 Released
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 01:09:45 -0800

On Wed, Feb 27, 2002 at 09:18:37AM +0100, smoerk wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Feb 2002 18:24:32 -0800, Ettus, Matt wrote:
>

> ALSA does provide OSS compatibility. Why is ALSA support better than
> OSS support?

I belive that the ALSA interfaces provide a more "reality based" view
of what the cards can do.  I've noticed that the OSS stuff will accept
*any* sample rate that you give them and then just quietly not work.

> Does GNU Radio support any kind of soundcard now?

Yes.  We use the conventional /dev/dsp interface.  Assuming your
kernel is configured correctly, we probably work with what ever card
you've got.

Eric