[Discuss-gnuradio] Update

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Update
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 00:59:02 -0800

Hi Folks,

I checked in a bunch of changes in yesterday.

The python GUI code is coming together nicely.  We've now got a nice
oscilloscope and fft module.  The current examples are using the USRP
protos for their input, but it wouldn't be much work at all to connect
them to a file, 4020, or sound card.

Take a look at http://comsec.com/wiki?PythonScopes

Also, the RX path is now sorted out on the USRP, thanks to some great
work by Matt.  We've still got some work to do to handle a couple of
USB throughput issues, but it's looking good.

You can see the USRP in action at
http://comsec.com/wiki?UsrpRxInAction

For those of you who are feeling adventurous, I invite you to dive in
to the python code.  It's really quite easy to use.

Currently the library routines and examples are all glommed together
in gnuradio/src/gnu/python.  We'll probably rearrange this in a bit.
To see what signal processing modules are available from Python "use
the source Luke!" and take a look at
gnuradio/src/gnu/scripting/GnuRadio.i.  It's the SWIG interface file
that's used to generate the glue between C++ and python.

This stuff is all checked into CVS.  If you're trying to build it,
please be sure that you've got all the prerequisites called out in the
top-level README file.  I'll be cutting a new tarball soon too.

Please let me know of any build problems (I know you will!)

Eric