Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Error Running Examples

From: Ramakrishnan Muthukrishnan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Error Running Examples
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 00:44:04 +0530

 || On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 17:44:23 +0000
 || Prateek Dayal <address@hidden> wrote:

 prateek.dayal> address@hidden@PMD audio $ ./dial_tone.py
 prateek.dayal> Traceback (most recent call last):
 prateek.dayal>   File "./dial_tone.py", line 40, in ?
 prateek.dayal>     fg = build_graph ()
 prateek.dayal>   File "./dial_tone.py", line 33, in build_graph
 prateek.dayal>     dst = audio.sink (sampling_freq)
 prateek.dayal> TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable

 prateek.dayal> I have not installed any mc driver or OSS as I do not need it.

I guess, the reason is that you do not have python module "audio" installed. At
Python prompt, what does

>> from gnuradio import audio

return? Does it show any error?

The dialtone example, generates the dialtone and sends out to your soundcard, so
you need the OSS driver to listen to it.

 prateek.dayal> Also where do I need to place my .py programs in the whole
directory
 prateek.dayal> structure so that they work. Is there a need to list something
in make
 prateek.dayal> file and all like the .cc programs for gnuradio 0.9

If PYTHONPATH is setup, there is no need for any special directory structure.

--
    Ramakrishnan