Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Error Running Examples

From: Ramakrishnan Muthukrishnan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Error Running Examples
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 00:55:00 +0530

 || On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 19:12:35 +0000
 || Prateek Dayal <address@hidden> wrote:

 prateek.dayal> No .. the command shows no error ....
 prateek.dayal> but do I need the OSS driver ... I am having alsa and I can
play mp3
 prateek.dayal> files and other stuff ...

 prateek.dayal> is it that the audio.sink requires OSS specifically ...

 prateek.dayal> in that case should install the  gr-audio-oss

gr-audio-oss has to be installed. It uses the OSS interface, but since you
have alsa, it should work, as alsa includes an OSS emulation layer in it.

--
    Ramakrishnan                   http://www.hackGNU.org/
    Use Free Software -- Help stamp out Software Hoarding!